Sep 5, 2012

Chapter 1

         I slowly opened my eyes to the sun rising up through my window. Looking over to my side table and checked the time. 7:30. I rose up out of bed and headed over to my vanity and started getting ready. I noticed that my hair sat on top of my head resembling something similar to a rats nest. My hair was about shoulders length, maybe even a tad bit longer, and was as straight as a board. It was a deep, dark brown color that often reminded me of my mothers. I finished up with my hair and crept my way down the stairs so I wouldn't risk waking up my older brother. It was too early in the morning for me to have to be dealing with his antics.
        When I got down to the kitchen I fixed me a bowl of cereal and sat down at the bar mentally going over a checklist of what all I had to do for the day. I was about done eating when I heard the creaking from the stairs, letting me know that either Jordon had finally woke up or that Tink, my German Shepard, wanted out. I was hoping for the latter of the two.

 " Morning sis', what's for breakfast today?" He snorted as he passed by me, headed towards the fridge.
"What ever your lazy ass is willing to prepare," I sniped back, just wanting to jump back into bed and hide away from the world. Unfortunately I had to be at school in about an hour and couldn't.
"Well someone sure is grouchy this morning." I groaned in response and just headed back up to my room. I quickly change into a loose fitting floral dress and grabbed my favorite pair of brown leather gladiators.
        I was dreading today with a passion. It had been a year since my parents passing and I was going to have to spend the day with Lindsey. Now you're probably wondering who is Lindsey and why don't I like her, right? It's simple really, she thinks that she is the greatest thing on this planet and thinks I am a useless piece of garbage. I have learned to just ignore her and keep my head up high but some days it is truly hard to do so. Today being one of those days. Little did I know that these weren't my only problems for the day.
      I had to wait about another 15 minutes for Jordon to finish getting ready, before he was ready to drive us to school. The drive there was quiet, other than his phone constantly beeping every couple minutes. I almost missed the high chirping noise from mine because of it. I looked down to see I had two new messages.

" Hey girl! How r u holding up so far? Txt me if u need anything! Luv u <3" The first one was from Carly, my childhood best friend. We have gone through absolutely everything together and I don't know what I would do without her. I went on to the next message and read it.

" Good morning babe, I was wondering if u were comin 2 Joeys party 2 nite? It's gonna b a blast ;)" I swear sometimes Jessie didn't even think about things before he said them. Jessie and I have been dating for almost a year and half now, but sometimes I wonder if he even wants to be together anymore. It's just so confusing. I didn't bother replying to him or Carly I would see them later today in school anyways.

          When we finally arrived at school we had about five minutes left until first period started. I quickly got out of the car and rushed to class. The bell rang right as I walked through the door and so I just went and took my seat in the back corner of the room next to Dani. I wasn't even seated for a minute before Dani started to talk my ear off. "So how are you hanging in there today? How are you and Jessie? We have a new kid in our 4th period, I've heard he is really hot. We are so going to need to sit by him if this is true. Are you even listening to me?" I looked over towards her with a blank stare on my face.

"What?" I questioned. She just laughed at me and turned to the front of the class and listened to our English teacher Ms. Parker go on about last nights homework. I spent the rest of that class day dreaming like I do everyday, always about the same thing. Every time it was always about this guy. Not just any guy but, him. I didn't know his name, but if you asked me to I could describe him to a tee. His long luscious dirty blond hair and pale eyes were a beautiful contrast to his lightly tanned body. I don't know what made him come to mind so often. I have never seen him before, but one thing I did know was that he was gorgeous and I wish he was real. He filled my mind the rest of my day until the 3rd period bell rang and I headed to my last class of the day. To say I was  shocked as I walked into class would be a big understatement.