There is no way this is actually happening. As I walked into my 4th period class I saw him. Yes I do mean HIM. Was he the new kid everyone was talking about? He must be. I don't see anyone else that is new here. I want to, no need to find out his name but I don't want to seem too anxious. I went and sat down by Carly and pondered what I should do. Should I get up and talk to him? Maybe I just need to leave him alone for now? Gah why do I have to make this so difficult on myself? I stopped my thoughts as I heard the teacher tell everyone to sit in our seats and listen up.
"Today class we will be starting our unit on Europe, but first I have someone new to introduce to you!" She exclaimed as she turned to face Mr. no Name. "This is our new student Cameron Tate . He is coming to us from Canada and will be with us all year. Now Cameron if you could go sit next to Miss Noelle." I bored my eyes into the back of my teachers head as she walked back to her desk. How could she do this to me? I heard Carly laughing next to me, bringing me back to reality. I saw him sit down and turned to say hi. "Hi I'm Lindsey, how are you? I would be glad to show you around sometime if you want?" God I just want to rip her hair out sometimes. I turned back around and looked at Carly, I bent over and whispered something into her ear. "Hey you remember that guy I told you I'm always day dreaming about?" She nodded her head and looked me in the eyes as I continued. "That's him, the guy. What the hell do I do?"
"You could, oh I don't know, talk to him?!"
"Thanks captain obvious, I never would have figured that out!" I turned back around to face Cameron and saw that he was no longer talking to Lindsey but rather scribbling something in his journal. I took this chance to talk to him. "Hey there, your name is Cameron right? I'm Noelle, it's nice to meet you." I stared straight into his pale grey blue eyes, they were even more stunning in real life. "Nice to meet you also." He closed his mouth, the corners turning up showing his smile. I could feel my cheeks flushing red just from his acknowledgment.
"So since you're new and all I was wondering if you maybe wanted me to show you around town sometime?" Lindsey laughed in the background, waiting for him to reject me just like he did to her.
"Yea I'd like that. I'd like that a lot." I was stunned; completely and totally shocked.
"Wait you would?" I managed to sputter out.
"Yea, haha, I would. You seem shocked by my response." He smiled at me after saying that and I thought my heart was going to melt along with me. I managed to squeak out "a little " and felt my cheeks go even more a flame as I did so. "Okay so pick me up in front of the school at six tonight?"
"I'll see you at six," I finally managed to put on an actual smile on my face while looking at him. I was about to say something else when the school bell rang.
"I'll see you in a couple of hours," he pronounced and with that hugged me and left.
I stood there for a good two minutes before Carly shook me back to reality and had this huge, excited grin on her face. I just turned and started to walk away, headed towards my car, still shocked. "Hello, Earth to Noelle, are you there?" I just ignored her and kept walking. Physically I was there, but mentally my head was somewhere completely different. My heart has never felt this way, not even when I first met Jessie or when we had our first kiss under the old oak in the neighborhood park. Never did I think I would feel this way about anyone. Especially not some random stranger that I was in love with in my dreams. His pale grey blue eyes, that looked like the moon shining bright in the night sky. I felt as if they could see the real me, the person that has been hiding behind a mask. His beautiful smile. GEEZ I just loved him. Everything about him was wonderful. He was Mr. Perfect, at least he seemed to be so far. I would of probably kept day dreaming until I picked Cameron up if it wasn't for the fact I tripped over someone.I went crashing down, luckily for only a few to see. Unfortunetly one of the few who saw were Lindsey. "Aww did the poor baby fall? To bad you don't have Cameron here to help you up. Oh thats right, everyone in class saw you drooling all over him," she sneered at me.
" I don't know what you think you saw Lindsey, but that definitely wasn't it."
"Oh whatever you say loser," she snapped and walked away. Carly and I talked for a few minutes before I said my goodbyes to her and headed home.
***********
I pulled into the driveway, grabbed my stuff out of the back seat and headed inside. Once inside I could hear Jordon talking to someone so I headed upstairs to change after I dropped my keys and bag on the counter. As I walked towards my room and passed my brothers door I heard someones voice other than his. I had just assumed originally that my brother was talking on the phone but I guess I was wrong. I let it pass and figured I'd see who it was on my way out the door, it was 4:45 anyway. I french braided my hair, put on a cute, black bullet skirt with a loose cyan tank top. I re-did my make-up to a blue/black smokey eye that made my eyes pop. I grabbed my black gladiators out of my closet and was ready to go. As I headed out the door I heard Jordon call my name.
"Hey Noelle wait up! Where are you headed right now? Want to do your big brother a favor?" He gave me his sad excuse for puppy dog eyes before I replied.
"I'm going out with a friend, why? And I doubt that I WANT to do you a favor but what is it anyway?"
"Well first off this exchange kid is staying with us. Second I was wondering if you could drop him off at the school?"
"I guess I can, tell him I will be outside waiting in the car. By the way when I get home we are talking about this exchange kid and why I didn't know about him." When I walked out to my car I heard him curse under his breath and call for the exchange student. After about five minutes of waiting and getting ready to leave, I heard the front door open and he walked out. The instant he got into the car and I saw his face I thought, "you have GOT to be kidding me!"
"Cameron?"